Last Updated: January 17, 2023, 07:41 IST
MUHAMMAD ALI BIRTH ANNIVERSARY: Considered the best boxer on the planet, Muhammad Ali was born on January 17, 1942. Americans had by no means seen an athlete – or maybe any public determine – like Ali. He was heavyweight champ a report 3 times between 1964 and 1978, participating in among the sport’s most epic bouts. He was rebellious and psyched himself up by taunting opponents and reciting authentic poems that predicted the spherical during which he would knock them out in. The audacity induced many to despise Ali however endeared him to hundreds of thousands.
Let’s honour the celebrated athlete by having a look at a few of his greatest quotes, and outstanding information:
Besides being a 3-time heavyweight champ, Ali emerged as a cultural icon due to his unabashed, witty statements that proved his legendary standing as a fighter time and once more.
Muhammad Ali’s unforgettable quotes:
- “It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.”
- “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
- “Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
- “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
- “Don’t count the days; make the days count.”
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
- “It’s hard to be humble when you’re as great as I am.”
Ali- The People’s Champion had an illustrious boxing profession whereby he fought 61 fights and received 56 by the point he was 39 years
- Ali’s report breaking journey to stardom got here into prominence with the Olympic victory. In 1960, having knocked out Zbigniew Pietrzkowski of Poland, he received the light-heavyweight Olympic gold medal.
- Before the Olympics, in 1954, Ali then generally known as Cassius Clay created euphoria after successful his first huge struggle towards Ronny O’Keefe.
- In a historic boxing match in 1964, Ali defeated Sonny Liston and turned the heavyweight champion of the world.
- A legendary struggle that created historical past in 1974 was between the undefeated heavyweight champion George Foreman and former undisputed heavyweight champion, Ali. It was known as The Rumble within the Jungle. Ali emerged victorious within the eighth spherical.
- Another momentous event in Ali’s profession was in 1975 when he was declared the winner after the 14th spherical towards Joe Frazier within the Thrilla in Manila match.
- The masterful champion in 1978 defeated Leon Spinks in a rematch and turned the primary boxer to win the heavyweight championship 3 times.
Read all of the Latest Sports News right here