Last Updated: January 17, 2023, 07:54 IST
Delhi Assembly LIVE Updates: The three-day winter session of the Delhi Legislative Assembly began on Monday on a tumultuous notice because the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) confronted off, days after the events tussled in the course of the mayoral election of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
The home was adjourned after protest by AAP MLAs in opposition to Lieutenant Governor VK Saxena’s alleged interference within the working of the town authorities. The home noticed repeated adjournments and barely 10 minutes of proceedings could possibly be held.
- LG VK Saxena shouldn’t “behave like a headmaster” checking students’ homework, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Monday as AAP MLAs protested against the L-G’s alleged interference in the workings of the government.
- Kejriwal also asked L-GVK Saxena to give in writing that he had never rejected the proposal for sending government teachers for training to Finland as the two sides continued to lock horns over the matter.
- Earlier in the day, Kejriwal along with Deputy CM Manish Sisodia and AAP MLAs had led a march to the L-G’s office to protest against the issue of teacher training in Finland. The LG’s office, however, asserted that it has not rejected the proposal but has advised the AAP government to evaluate it in totality.
- BJP MLAs entered the Delhi Assembly with oxygen masks and cylinders on Monday to protest against the alleged inaction of the AAP government on tackling pollution.
- Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Ramvir Singh Bidhuri said that Delhi has become a gas chamber but the AAP government is not paying attention to the problem of pollution.
- Meanwhile, Delhi Congress president Anil Chaudhary on Monday lashed out at the AAP and the BJP, alleging the parties used the first day of the Assembly session for indulging in political gimmicks instead of transacting any business in the public interest.
Read all of the Latest Politics News right here