J&Okay:18 Detained as Search Operation Continues to Crack Rajouri Terror Attack Case

0

Last Updated: January 07, 2023, 22:32 IST

Family members mourn the death of civilians, who were gunned down on Sunday evening, in Dhangri area of Rajouri, on Monday. (File pic/PTI)

Family members mourn the demise of civilians, who had been gunned down on Sunday night, in Dhangri space of Rajouri, on Monday. (File pic/PTI)

A large search operation to observe down the assailants is happening and “some vital leads” have been discovered, they mentioned and expressed hope that the case could be cracked quickly.

At least 18 suspects have been detained for questioning in reference to a latest terror assault at Dhangri village in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district that left six civilians lifeless, officers mentioned on Saturday.

A large search operation to observe down the assailants is happening and “some important leads” have been found, they said and expressed hope that the case would be cracked soon.

The six civilians were killed and several injured when the terrorists attacked the village on January 1. While four were killed when the terrorists fired on the houses belonging to the members of a particular community, two cousin sisters lost their lives in an IED explosion the next day. The improvised explosive device (IED) was planted by the terrorists at the house of one of the victims.

“The investigation of the terror attack is going in the right direction. So far, a dozen-and-a-half suspects, including some women, have been detained for questioning,” an official mentioned.

Additional Director General of Police, Jammu zone, Mukesh Singh is monitoring the investigation, which is being performed by senior officers below the supervision of the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Rajouri-Poonch vary, Haseeb Mughal.

“Some important leads have been discovered that counsel the presence of terrorists in some villages close to Rajouri city,” the official said.

Senior Superintendent of Police, Rajouri, Mohammad Aslam confirmed the detention of at least 18 suspects.

“We have received some vital leads and are working on those to crack the case. An operation is on to neutralise the terrorists involved in the attack,” the officer mentioned, refusing to expose any additional particulars.

Meanwhile, an organisation representing the displaced folks from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) has demanded enough compensation for the victims’ households.

SOS International chairman Rajiv Chuni, who led a delegation to Dhangri on Saturday, paid homage to the victims of the phobia assault and slammed the federal government for failing to shield the households that settled within the village after their exodus from the PoK in 1947.

Reiterating that the federal government should present enough safety to the Hindus residing in Jammu and Kashmir as properly as a money aid of Rs 1 crore and a job to a member of every sufferer household, Chuni exhorted the displaced households to stay united for getting justice.

He additionally appealed to the neighborhood to preserve communal concord at any value and foil the nefarious designs of the enemies of brotherhood.

Read all of the Latest India News right here

(This story has not been edited by News18 workers and is revealed from a syndicated information company feed)

Source hyperlink

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here