Last Updated: January 20, 2023, 22:19 IST
As wrestlers’ protest intensifies, the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on Friday fashioned a seven-member committee, together with M C Mary Kom and Yogeshwar Dutt, to probe the allegations of sexual harassment towards Wrestling Federation of India president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh.
Besides legendary boxer Mary Kom and wrestler Yogeshwar, the panel additionally consists of archer Dola Banerjee and Indian Weightlifting Federation of India (IWLF) president Sahdev Yadav.
The determination was taken throughout IOA’s emergency Executive Council assembly which was attended by the likes of Abhinav Bindra, Yogeshwar together with IOA president PT Usha and joint secretary Kalyan Chaubey.
Tokyo Olympics bronze medallist Bajrang Punia has stated the federation is being run in an arbitrary method and they won’t compete in any worldwide competitors until the WFI President is eliminated.
Vinesh Phogat, a world championship medallist and Olympian, has alleged WFI President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh has been sexually exploiting ladies wrestlers for a few years.
India’s prime wrestlers, together with Tokyo Olympics bronze medallist Bajrang Punia and world championship medallist Vinesh Phogat, started their protest towards the WFI President at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar on January 18.
Here’s all the things you want to in regards to the wrestlers’ protest:
- Protesting wrestlers met Sports Minister Anurag Thakur at his residence in Delhi on Friday. Some of them met Thakur on Thursday as nicely. However, the assembly had remained inconclusive as they refused to again down from their demand that the federal government instantly disband WFI.
- Archer Dola Banerjee, who’s a part of 7-member committee, stated the committee will that the reality will come out in entrance of everybody.
- Sahdev Yadav, Indian Weightlifting Federation President and member of the 7-member Committee former by IOA, stated the committee will do an unbiased investigation after wanting on the prices and check out to give a good justice.
- The members of the committe are Mary Kom, Dola Banerjee, Alaknanda Ashok, Yogeshwar Dutt, Sahdev Yadav and two advocates.
- The Indian Olympic Association fashioned a seven-member committee to probe the allegations of sexual harassment towards WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh.
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) held an emergency assembly on Friday to focus on the protesting wrestlers’ points.
- Pratik Bhushan Singh, son of WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh on Friday stated that his father will handle the media on January 22 on the Annual General Meet of WFI and that they’ve additionally given an official assertion to the Ministry of Sports.
- WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh on Friday termed the protest by the nation’s prime grapplers “dharna of Shaheen Bagh” and reiterated that he received’t give up from the publish.
- The protesting wrestlers reached out to Indian Olympic Association (IOA), demanding formation of an enquiry committee to probe the allegations of sexual harassment towards WFI President, a day after threatening to lodge a number of FIRs towards the sports activities administrator.
- Wrestlers Vinesh Phogat, Bajrang Punia, Sakshee Malikkh, Ravi Dahiya and Deepak Punia write to PT Usha, President of the Indian Olympic Association on alleged sexual harassment complaints towards Brijbhushan Saran Singh, President of Wrestling Federation of India.
Read all of the Latest Sports News right here