Last Updated: January 17, 2023, 14:02 IST
Amid a tumultuous Winter Session of the Delhi Assembly, Chief Minister and AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal addressed the House on Tuesday the place he lashed out on the Opposition BJP and Delhi Lieutenant-Governor VK Saxena over his alleged interference in authorities proceedings and the problem of trainer coaching in Finland.
After a stormy session on Monday, the place the AAP led a protest march to the L-G’s workplace, BJP MLAs on Tuesday protested within the House and demanded Kejriwal’s resignation over corruption allegations. Six BJP MLAs have been marshalled out and two others, together with Leader of Opposition R S Bidhuri, left in protest.
Kejriwal addressed the House following which it was adjourned till 2 pm.
- “I instructed the L-G that you’re utilizing the identical language because the viceroy: ‘you bloody Indians you don’t know govern’…L-G is saying ‘you bloody Indians, you don’t know govern,” Kejriwal alleged.
- “L-G told me that it is because of him that BJP won 104 seats in the MCD else BJP would not have won even 10,” alleged Kejriwal as he addressed the House.
- Claiming that the L-G was stricter than a trainer, Kejriwal stated, “my academics by no means checked my homework the best way the L-G is checking my information: spelling is mistaken, comma is just not right here and so forth.”
- Lashing out at the L-G, Kejriwal said, “Begani shaadi mei abdulla diwana…kaun hai L-G, kahan se aa gaya LG ? Humare sar pe baith jaate hain L-G” (Who is the L-G, the place did he come from? He is sitting on our heads).
- The Supreme Court has stated that L-G doesn’t have any impartial decision-making energy, he additional added. “SC orders are binding. L-G argued that he’s the administrator and has supreme powers.”
- Stating that he views the children of Delhi the same as his own children, Kejriwal said, “So many BJP MPs and MLAs have studied abroad. Did their parents do any cost benefit analysis?…I don’t object to that. I object to the mindset of not allowing children of the poor to get good education. L-G saab has the same mindset.”
- “If CM and training minister determine that academics will go for coaching in Finland, that ought to be the top of the matter,” said Kejriwal. “L-G sent objections on the file not once but twice. This means when it goes for the third time, he will object again. The intent is bad. They don’t want to send teachers to Finland,” he stated.
- Addressing the House, Delhi CM Kejriwal stated, “I’m sad that BJP MLAs will not be within the flooring of the House. There is a dialogue in your entire nation on this severe situation of whether or not elected authorities ought to govern or one nominated individual.” He further added, “Neither their nor our government is permanent. Tomorrow, if God wills, we may have a government in the center and our L-G also…We respect the will of the people, democracy and constitution.”
Read all of the Latest Politics News right here