In excellent news for Mumbaikars, the much-awaited strains 2A and 7 of the Mumbai Metro will grow to be operational for the general public from 4pm on Friday, a day after being inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The strains won’t solely lower journey time — for example Andheri to Dahisar in simply 75 minutes — but additionally decongest the Western Express Highway and SV Road, that are two of the busiest routes in town.
PM Modi, whereas launching the strains, had lauded improvement in Mumbai, saying the ‘jodi’ of Chief Minister Eknath Shinde and Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis would make the desires of Mumbai’s residents come true. The prime minister, who was additionally pictured utilizing the escalator on one of many stations, interacted with children after he boarded the practice.
As the strains grow to be operational, News18 brings you a prepared reckoner of the routes, stations and fares to assist ease your journey:
17 stations on Line 2A
Dahisar (East), Upper Dahisar, Kandarpada, Mandapeshwar- I.C. Colony, Eksar, Borivali (West), Pahadi Eksar, Kandivali (West), Dahanukar Wadi, Valnai, Malad (West), Lower Malad, Pahadi Goregaon, Goregaon (West), Oshiwara, Lower Oshiwara and Andheri (West).
14 stations on Line 7
Dahisar (East), Ovari Pada, Rashtriya Udyan, Devipada, Magathane, Poisar, Akurli, Kurar, Dindoshi, Aarey, Goregaon (East), Jogeshwari (East), Mogra and Gundavali.
Dahisar East metro station is widespread for each metro strains. To change to Metro Line 1, one can get off at Andheri (West) and Gundavli stations.
The trains will function between 5.25am and 10.50pm with a frequency of eight minutes throughout peak hours and 10 minutes in non-peak hours.
The value of a ticket has been set at Rs 10 for each three kilometres.
Give visitors a miss
According to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority, utilizing the 2 metro rail stretches as an alternative of the 2 congested roadways will save commuters hours. The two elevated passageways may even reduce visitors in Mumbai’s native trains. Over three lakh individuals will use these two strains on daily basis.
• The trains are designed for driverless operations together with communication-based practice management (CBTC) signalling programs however initially, practice operators will man the programs.
• All the stations alongside each corridors are supplied with unique first support rooms, consuming water, public conveniences.
• Security workers have been deployed in any respect the stations, retaining in thoughts the protection of girls passengers. All metro trains have been included with ladies’s helpline numbers in addition to all trains have a devoted coach.
• Approximately 50 to 60 CCTV cameras have been offered at every of the metro stations overlaying the platform space, concourse space and avenue degree.
• The environment-friendly buildings have been Indian Green Building Council Certificatied, have LED lights for vitality conservation and scale back the emission of 23.13 thousand tonnes CO2.
Read all of the Latest India News right here