Kerala Woman Dies After Eating Biryani Ordered Online, Probe On Amid Repeated Instances of Food Poisoning

0

Edited By: Revathi Hariharan

Last Updated: January 07, 2023, 14:39 IST

The 20-year-old woman had ordered biryani online from a local hotel. (Representational Photo)

The 20-year-old girl had ordered biryani on-line from an area resort. (Representational Photo)

The girl who was initially present process remedy at a personal hospital in Kerala, was later taken to a different hospital in Karnataka’s Mangaluru, the place she died.

Yet one other case of suspected meals poisoning in Kerala this time in Kasaragod the place a 20-year previous girl died on Saturday after allegedly consuming Kuzhimanthi, a biryani dish from an area resort.

According to PTI, Anju Sreeparvathy from Perumbala village in Kasaragod, died practically per week after she ate an area biryani dish that she ordered on-line from a restaurant named Romansia in Kasaragod on December 31. According to the police, the lady was present process remedy since then, however sadly died this morning.

“A case has been registered after her mother and father filed the criticism. The lady died early Saturday morning,” police told PTI, adding that further action will be taken based on the post-mortem report.

The woman who was initially undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Kerala, was later taken to another hospital in Karnataka’s Mangaluru, where she died.

Following the incident, the state Health Minister Veena George, ordered a probe into the incident. “Directions have been issued to the Food Safety Commissioner to file a report with regard to the incident. The DMO is also looking into the incident and the treatment given to the girl,” George instructed reporters in Pathanamthitta.

She additionally mentioned the licence of the motels that are accused of meals poisoning, shall be cancelled beneath the Food Safety and Standards Act (FSSA).

This is the second such incident on this week. Earlier, a nurse in Kottayam Medical College died allegedly after consuming meals from an eatery in Kozhikode. In the identical space, round 21 individuals fell in poor health after allegedly consuming meals from an eatery there in December final 12 months, police mentioned.

In Pathanamthitta, over 100 individuals suffered from suspected meals poisoning on January 1 after allegedly taking meals throughout a baptism operate in a church close to Keezhvaipur space of the district, police had mentioned.

Following repeated cases of meals poisoning incidents being reported within the state, Veena George had on Tuesday ordered ‘widespread’ inspections throughout all 14 districts and stringent motion towards shops working with out licence or serving adulterated and unhygienic meals.

(With PTI inputs)

Read all of the Latest India News right here

Source hyperlink

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here