Last Updated: September 01, 2023, 23:41 IST
As a part of the preparation for the G20 Summit scheduled for September 8,9 and 10 within the nationwide capital, Delhi police will maintain full gown rehearsals for the occasion on Saturday, in accordance to an official notification.
“Full Dress Rehearsals for G-20 Summit shall be held on 2nd September 2023 from 0830 hrs onwards. As a part of the rehearsals, carcades will transfer from totally different components of Delhi in direction of New Delhi District, ” the notification said.
The rehearsal will be conducted from 8.30 am to 12 pm, 4.30 pm to 6 pm and 7 pm to 11 pm on Saturday.
Delhi Police has also issued a traffic advisory and advised commuters to use the metro service on Saturday and Sunday.
G20 Summit Delhi: Traffic Advisory for Carcade Rehearsal
- During the rehearsals, site visitors will likely be restricted at Sardar Patel Marg-Panchsheel Marg, Sardar Patel Marg–Kautilya Marg, Gol Methi roundabout, Mansingh Road roundabout, C-Hexagon, Mathura Road, Zakir Hussain Marg-Subramaniam Bharti Marg, Bhairon Marg-Ring Road, Satya Marg/Shantipath spherical about, Janpath–Kartavyapath, Barakhamba Road purple gentle, Tolstoy Marg, and Vivekanand Marg and so on, the advisory mentioned.
- On Sunday, the timings of the rehearsal will likely be from Eight am to 9 am, 9.30 am to 10.30 am and 12.30 pm to four pm.
- On Sunday, site visitors motion will likely be regulated at Mahatma Gandhi Marg, IP Flyover, Rajghat Chowk, Shanti Van Chowk, Saleem Garh Bypas, Bhairon Road, Ring Road, Mathura Road, Shershah Road, C-Hexagon, roundabouts at Mansingh Road, Gol Methi, Teen Murti, Yashwant Place, Brig Hoshiyar Singh Marg, and Tolstoy Marg, in accordance to the advisory.
- Commuters might expertise greater than regular site visitors on these roads and junctions and are subsequently requested to plan their journey prematurely and keep away from these roads in the course of the specified time slots, Delhi Police mentioned.
- Motorists are suggested to take Ring Road, Ashram Chowk, Sarai Kale Khan, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, IP Flyover, ISBT Kashmiri Gate, Ring Road and Majnu Ka Tila to commute between north and south on Saturday, the advisory additional mentioned.
- For commuting between the east and west corridors, they’ll take DND Flyover, Ring Road, Ashram Chowk, Moolchand Underpass, AIIMS Chowk, Ring Road, Dhaula Kuan, Ring Road, Brar Square and Naraina Flyover.
- On Sunday, Ring Road, Ashram Chowk, Sarai Kale Khan, Delhi-Meerut Expressway, Noida Link Road, Pusta Road, Yudhistir Setu, ISBT Kashmiri Gate, Ring Road and Majnu Ka Tila for the north-south hall can be utilized by motorists for commute, the advisory added.
- Passengers will likely be allowed non-public automobiles, auto-rickshaws, and taxis for travelling to New Delhi Railway Station, Old Delhi Railway Station and IGI Airport.
- City bus companies won’t be affected in most components of the district.