Home Nation News Court Frames Charges Against Accused In Schoolboy’s Death Case

Court Frames Charges Against Accused In Schoolboy’s Death Case

0
Court Frames Charges Against Accused In Schoolboy’s Death Case

Last Updated: January 24, 2023, 21:49 IST

“Prince” was allegedly killed by an older boy in 2017, inside the school’s washroom (Shutterstock)

“Prince” was allegedly killed by an older boy in 2017, inside the college’s washroom (Shutterstock)

The courtroom has barred the media from utilizing the names of the juvenile accused and the sufferer. While the juvenile accused was named “Bholu” by the courtroom, the sufferer was named “Prince” and the college was known as “Vidyalaya”

A periods courtroom in Gurugram on Tuesday framed prices in opposition to the youth accused of killing a seven-year-old boy at a non-public college in Bhondsi right here, in keeping with an official order.

“Prince” was allegedly killed by an older boy in 2017, inside the college’s washroom. The accused, 16 years previous on the time of the incident, has been in detention since.

The courtroom has barred the media from utilizing the names of the juvenile accused and the sufferer. While the juvenile accused was named “Bholu” by the court, the victim was named “Prince” and the school was referred to as “Vidyalaya”.

In October last year, the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) ordered that the accused will be treated as an adult.

The court of additional district and sessions judge Tarun Singal framed the charges of murder against Bholu under section 302 of the Indian Penal Code, Sushil Tekriwal, the counsel representing Prince said.

The trial in the case will start from February 20 and the court has asked the CBI to produce its witnesses, he said.

During the hearing on Tuesday, both the parties, including the counsel for CBI, were present.

“We have been fighting for justice for the last five years. After five years, the trial of the case will start. I have full faith in the judiciary and may the culprit be given the harshest punishment. It has been a long time but I hope my son gets justice,” Prince’s father said.

The first hearing in the case was held in the court of Judge Tarun Singal on October 31 last year and Bholu was considered as an adult.

But Bholu’s counsel argued that they would appeal against the JJB’s order to treat the accused as an adult and urged the court to give the next date after a long gap. The court had then fixed November 19 as the next date.

After the boy’s murder on September 8, 2017, a bus driver was the prime suspect in the murder and was sent to jail.

But when CBI took charge of the investigation, “Bholu”, then a Class 11 pupil of the identical college, was discovered allegedly to have killed the boy, and was taken in custody.

Read all of the Latest India News right here

(This story has not been edited by News18 employees and is printed from a syndicated information company feed)

Source hyperlink

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here