Home Nation News Court Acquits Nine in Rioting-arson Case

Court Acquits Nine in Rioting-arson Case

0
Court Acquits Nine in Rioting-arson Case

Last Updated: January 07, 2023, 23:43 IST

The court has posted the matter for further proceedings on February 1. (Reuters file photo/Rep)

The court docket has posted the matter for additional proceedings on February 1. (Reuters file picture/Rep)

The court docket noticed the only real testimony of the prosecution witness, who was a head constable, can’t be adequate to imagine the accused had been a part of the mob.

A court docket right here on Saturday acquitted 9 individuals accused of rioting and arson throughout the 2020 northeast Delhi riots, giving them the “good thing about doubt”.

The nine people were accused of being members of an unlawful assembly that committed robbery and arson in a shop in the Chaman Park area here on February 25, 2020.

The court observed the sole testimony of the prosecution witness, who was a head constable, cannot be sufficient to assume the accused were part of the mob.

“I find that charges levelled against all the accused persons in this case are not proved beyond doubt. Hence, accused… are acquitted of all the charges levelled against them,” Additional Sessions Judge Pulastya Pramachala mentioned.

The Gokalpuri police station had registered the case in opposition to Mohd. Shahnawaz, Mohd. Shoaib, Shahrukh,Rashid, Azad, Ashraf Ali, Parvej, Mohd. Faisal and Rashid beneath numerous sections of the Indian Penal Code, together with rioting.

The court docket mentioned the formation of an illegal meeting together with rioting and arson dedicated by the mob was “nicely established.” It, however, noted that head constable Vipin was the sole witness to prove the identity of the accused persons. But despite knowing the details of the accused, the knowledge about their involvement was not formally recorded till April 7, 2020, the court said.

The court said no explanation was provided for the delay in passing on such crucial information to senior officers.

“Keeping in view such delay in disclosure of vital information being recorded, I find it desirable to apply the test of consistent testimony of more than one witness, in the present case also and applying that test, I hold that sole testimony of prosecution witness 9 (Head Constable Vipin) cannot be sufficient to assume the presence of accused persons herein in the mob…,” the decide mentioned.

“In such a scenario, accused individuals are given the advantage of doubt,” the decide added.

Read all of the Latest India News here

(This story has not been edited by News18 employees and is revealed from a syndicated information company feed)

Source hyperlink

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here