Home Nation News 2 Students in Kerala Infected with Norovirus

2 Students in Kerala Infected with Norovirus

0
2 Students in Kerala Infected with Norovirus

Last Updated: January 23, 2023, 19:38 IST

The students of Class 1 and 2 of a school at Kakkanad near here were found infected and three children are now under treatment (Representative image)

The college students of Class 1 and 2 of a college at Kakkanad close to right here have been discovered contaminated and three youngsters are actually beneath therapy (Representative picture)

As per WHO, norovirus is a viral sickness that’s the commonest reason for acute gastroenteritis globally with signs together with acute onset diarrhoea and vomiting

Kerala authorities on Monday stated norovirus an infection, a reason for acute gastroenteritis, was confirmed in two college students right here.

The college students of Class 1 and 2 of a college at Kakkanad close to right here have been discovered contaminated and three youngsters are actually beneath therapy.

A senior medical officer of the district stated 62 college students and some dad and mom of the college exhibited signs following which two samples have been despatched for testing on the State Public Laboratory.

As per WHO, norovirus is a viral sickness that’s the commonest reason for acute gastroenteritis globally with signs together with acute onset diarrhoea and vomiting.

“The well being situation of the kids is secure. The Health Department personnel inspected the college which is now quickly closed. We are holding on-line consciousness periods to the kids and fogeys. The lecture rooms and the bogs have now been sanitised,” the District Medical Officer said in a statement.

Last year, two children were found infected with the same virus at Vizhinjam in Thiruvananthapuram. The Health Department today said precautionary measures have been taken as the virus spreads through contaminated water and food.

The department said the disease is highly contagious and urged the people to maintain hygiene.

Norovirus can be transmitted through contaminated food, water, and surfaces, the Health Department said, adding that the initial symptoms are vomiting and/or diarrhoea, head and body aches.

Read all the Latest India News here

(This story has not been edited by News18 employees and is printed from a syndicated information company feed)

Source hyperlink

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here